MAY 6, 2022 – Edmonton AB – Don Patterson, Managing Partner, was recognized as Broker of the Year 2021 by the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton.
RE/MAX Excellence has supported agents and their clients for over 35 years. In the history of the brokerage and leadership at this firm, Don Patterson is the first to be recognized as the Broker-Owner of the Year by the Realtor’s Association of Edmonton (RAE). Our entire team and associates are thrilled to recognize Don; this award considers not only his contributions to our brokerage, but to the real estate industry as a whole.
RAE Broker of the Year 2021
REALTORS® Association of Edmonton (RAE) is the professional services association for real estate in the Greater Edmonton area. RAE Award Recipients are judged by a committee of their peers on a consistent set of criteria centred on exceptional professional, ethical, and philanthropic virtues.
To receive this award, Don was nominated by his team, recommended by two broker peers, and endorsed by over 100 agents at RE/MAX Excellence.
Sam Narayan speaking on behalf of don Patterson at the 007 “License to Sell” themed REALTORS® Ball on May 6, 2022
Don joined RE/MAX Excellence in March 2019 and has been continuously available to over 170 realtors since the beginning, day, or night. Don is a licensed lawyer and board-certified educator; he also has earned the reputation for having the best dad jokes and the biggest sweet tooth in the office.
“I believe what sets Don apart is his knowledge of the industry. He has been a lawyer for over 30 years, and he brings those qualities to the industry and to Excellence,” said business partner and Associate Broker, Sam Narayan.
Beyond these qualities, what sets Don apart is his passion and commitment.
Leadership at RE/MAX Excellence
- Don co-founded the Excellence Academy, RE/MAX Excellence in-house training program for new agents, which aims to give realtors the hands-on training in their first years of being licensed.
- Don formed an Advisory Committee at RE/MAX Excellence, which provided more direct dialogue and fluid comments and concern from agents regarding information they needed or supports that can be enhanced.
- He is a frequent presenter at RE/MAX Excellence Excellerate Education sessions, often covering topics related to local investment advantages.
Leadership in the Industry
- Don has been a Commercial Educator at the Board for numerous years and is an active member of the RAE Commercial Committee.
- Don has given a variety of presentations to foreign investors on the advantages of our Edmonton market and provides this unique support to our associates who have bridged foreign investment relations.
- Don has served on numerous Boards and Committees including Toronto Real Estate Board, REALTORS Association of Edmonton, YMCA Advisory Committees in Edmonton and Mississauga.
- Don drives community-related endeavors at our office. He is an active member of our Sponsorship Committee and brought the annual “Pumpkin Giveaway” to Excellence.
- In 2012, he was honored to be bestowed with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal for his cross Canada cycle to raise awareness on the importance of physical activity for children. In 2015, he embarked on a 7,000-km bike ride to raise money for aboriginal youth.
- Don has worked with the GEN7 Aboriginal Role Model Program and the YMCA to bring these programs to aboriginal youth.
- Don is an advisory council member of the Jamie Platz YMCA; focusing on creating opportunities for youth to be active and healthy.
Our team at Excellence is fortunate to have Don (dad-jokes and all). This award is a small token of our appreciation for the change, growth, and leadership he has brought to Excellence and the positive impact he has made in so many careers.
“He leads a very successful team, from administration to marketing, and now establishing a very strong training program at RE/MAX Excellence. I feel Don deserves this award for many reasons, and one of those reasons for me, is his passion, his ability to help others, and he is always willing to learn” said Sam Nayaran.